The 1208 Race Street building was built in 1895. For 121 years our facility has served the community and the people who gathered for worship well. For the last 70 years the realities of the neighborhood challenged the congregation's ability to maintain the building. The doors have always remained open, but precious financial resources were always directed first to the countless people who were in great need living in our surrounding neighborhood.
The recent transformation in Over-the-Rhine has provided the opportunity to address the significant amount of deferred maintanance that exists. Restoring the facade, stabilizing the bell tower, installing a full elevator, rennovating the Gallery and stained glass, finishing the restoration efforts in the worship space and renewing our lower level meal space are all on the list to tackle.
On September 11, 2016, we kicked off the "On Track & Resolute" Capital Campaign, which secured $360,000 in commitments. This campaign is the start of our effort to restore First. We recognize God is up to something big and we are excited to be a part of this important work.